Cancer and Social Life

Social Life



 Having cancer or suffering any form of diseases is a heavy challenge but it is unavoidable. Especially at a young age, watching your friends having fun whilst you're in hardship is unbearable. I personally know how it feels so I'm going to share how I cope with my social life.

Appearances


 One thing that I must face is my changing appearances, which everyone knows is vital in every social interaction. But, I can assure that there is no shame in your look, you'll get sympathy from your friends because they should really understand what you're going through. There are maybe some people that will tease and make fun of you. My advice is get rid of them, they serve you no benefits. All you need are true companions, you will support you no matter what. Embrace your flaws, it is only temporary, you will get your charm back.







Going out

 You can't stay at home forever, or you will suffocate with overthinking and depression. Have some fun with your family, at least once a week, either going out for a meal or just spending time together outside. There is no harm in going out with your friends. Make sure the place is clean, free of diseases and it should not be over-packed. Ask your doctor if you're anxious about it. It can free your mind, get rid of that burden.




                                                                               Work/School

 This is a little tricky and hard, I'm sure everyone wants to do something useful in their life but once you're sick, it is harder for you to get involve in working or studying. The doctor will advise you to get some rest, don't work too harsh. I personally think I'm worthless when I watch my friends studying semester by semester and I'm here lying in bed. But I learn to forgive myself instead I learn something that is not offered in the university, which is handling my life. I believe I will have my chance just not now.

Comments

Popular Posts